1x30 Leather Strop Belt - Buffing Compound Included - Pro Sharpening Supplies
1 in. x 30 in. Leather Stropping/Honing Belt - Pro Sharpening Supplies
- USE COUPON CODE AMPSS TO SAVE 10%
- 1" X 30" Leather Honing Belt for 1x30 Belt Sanders
- A Strop is a flexible strip of leather used to straighten and polish the blade of a straight razor, a knife, or a woodworking tool like a chisel.
- Get a Polished, Razor Sharp Edge on Your Blade in Seconds
- Hone every Knife, Chisel, Tool in Your House & Workshop
- 1-2 oz. Buffing Compound Included
- Made in Texas, USA
America's most popular Leather Honing Belt! We manufacture this belt right here in Texas, USA. Our leather stropping belt is manufactured with the highest standards in the sharpening business. Fits most 1x30 Belt Sanders like the Central Machinery Belt Sander from Harbor Freight. It will remove minor scratching, polish the edge, and keep the edge sharp longer. Use the included buffing compound to put a mirror finish on your knife or tool. If for any reason you are not satisfied just let us know and we will replace it or refund your money immediately.
The only certain rule in sharpening that you create a burr, sometimes referred to as a “wire or Wire Edge”, then you must remove the burr. How this is achieved is a highly debated topic.
Stropping with the Pro Sharpening Supplies Leather Strop for belt sanders is the final step in removing the burr and any other small metal fragments that cling to the fine edge of the blade. The presence of a Burr or these metal fragments shorten the life of that sharp edge. When progressive grits of Belts are used to create and weaken the burr, Stropping with compound will be necessary to completely remove the Burr.
We Also Recommend
1 in. X 30 in. Premium Silicon Carbide Fine Grit Sanding Belts 220, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 2000 Grit Sharpening Belts 12 Pack Assortment